Yesterday marked a full week of Lynde being off antibiotics in an effort to give her system a break and increase her white blood cell count. The first few days were discouraging, however being able to talk through the progress she's made helped her to regain perspective. Lynde has had a good last few days and plans are almost complete for the next phase of having the PICC line placed in her arm and beginning IV antibiotics. Continued prayers for the coming weeks are greatly appreciated and we will keep you updated here on the blog. :)
The healing process of Lyme may be a long one-- we don't know fully the journey ahead, however right now Lynde and Brad are trying to focus on the little goals along the way-- and trusting God both in the everyday moments and His long term plan. Their faith has been incredible. Now, I will say that sometimes as Christians we think "incredible faith" means trusting without fear, doubt, or questioning. God invites us to live in all of that. God knows those feelings, those questions and those concerns whether you voice them or not. Lynde and Brad have been "real" about these feelings and as a result it has been amazing to watch God reveal himself in new ways.
Lynde, while battling pain and confusion, is open to be reminded of and seeking the GRACE and COMFORT of GOD. One of the things she is doing is "Walking for Wellness". You can check out the tab at the top of the blog to see her progress. Please -- leave a comment and join in. Tell her how you are doing. Lynde received a little gadget in the mail called "Striiv" it's a pedometer plus! :) It gives her trophies for new milestones and tells her how far she's gone and what progress she has made. While that is the fun side, Lynde loves the fact that she can make a difference in the lives of others while walking. With the steps Lynde takes she is not only helping her own health, but she's helping others. The Striiv has a feature called "walkathon", for steps she accumulates she can help give polio vaccines for needy children, save the rainforest or help provide clean water. WHAT A BLESSING she is BEING A BLESSING!! Her and Brad love being able to enjoy time together walking in the evening if she has enough energy.
Please take a few minutes to watch the video and read the lyrics. They simply start off:
I’m running back to Your promises one more time, Lord that’s all I can hold on to.
I gotta say this has taken me by surprise, but nothing surprises You.
Before a heartache can ever touch my life, It has to go through Your hands
And even though I keep asking why, I keep asking why
No matter what, I’m gonna love You!
No matter what I’m gonna need You!
I know that You can find a way to keep me from the pain
But if not, if not, I’ll trust You no matter what, no matter what
Thank you friends for continuing to read about Lynde's journey and asking for ways you can pray and help. What a blessing each of you are!

No comments:
Post a Comment